Monday, May 9

Does an IF Decision Tree Make Me a Geek?

Clomid has finally let me out of jail, but (we all know by now there's always a but), no IUI this month, due to big fat 23mm follie on the wrong (right) side and weenie teeny tiny follie on the right (left) side. Got that? Great lining, great mucus, great spermies in the great mucus, bad uncooperative ovaries. They are going in the Naughty Chair as soon as I get home.

And, in the grand tradition of Suz's Patty the Polyp, we have discovered Frankie the Fibroid hanging out in there darned near the uterine wall. He was not there ever before, but he sure is there now. Dr. HeeHee says Frankie could be "acting as an IUD" because of the position, so we can't ignore him like the party crasher he is. And we still don't know about the true state of my right tube. Or the FSH situation. Or the SA for that matter (don't ask).

So, without further ado, I present to you, Plan # 457! I worked it up decision tree-style, because it was confusing even me:

.



Yes, I know you can't read that. Blogger is evil and I can't seem to make it bigger. So, in English, we will be doing a sonosalpingogram (forget it--it had a bunch of syllables and it was that thing with the balloon in the uterus????) with more evil Clomid (shudder) next cycle. And then, if Frankie is not too too near the uterine wall, we can move on to deciding whether the tube is really blocked (don't ask me how--no more HSGs for me!). If the tube is blocked, then more Clomid and IUIs on the months when follie is on the left. If the tube is not blocked, injectable IUIs for three cycles. Then IVF. Or something. Maybe.

I'll be back when I catch my breath.

1 comment:

DeadBug said...

Yes, it does. Welcome to the world of extreme IF geekdom. I made my flowchart in Visio. Hope you don't mind some dork-ass company.

--Bugs