Tuesday, May 24

Another Dispatch from Anxiety Central

The second beta was 54.7 at 14dpo. I was very happy with this--a doubling time of 28 hours (I've learned a lot about HCG in the last few days). But Dr. HeeHee and Co. remain skeptical. They talk about things like a "slow rise" and "close eye on it" and "kid gloves." All because of the 5.1 at 10dpo. From what I can tell with frantic googling and a quick consult with my friend the Dr. (no, not an RE, but he still has the textbooks!), doubling doubling doubling is the key. 5 is a perfectly normal number that early in the game and so is 54. And, again, the doubling rate was good. So, either they are being overly cautious or I don't know as much as I think I do. It must must must be the former, right?

In my mind, I am now at 15dpo with nary a spot, hardly a twinge, umpteen positive HPTs, two positive betas, and a tummy that is getting just a tad sensitive. None--I repeat none--of these things have ever happened to me before. So, I think I am okay with normal, even slightly "special" results. Dr. HeeHee can find someone else to be in his overacheiver club.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU ARE PREGNANT- GO CELEBRATE!! hey, at least they didn't mess up as bad as my dr- who gave me someone else's beta numbers! LOL!

Cass said...

Normal is underrated - I think it's a great place to be. (And I'm sure they're just being overly cautious. Which, except for messing with your mind, is probably better than NOT being overly cautious. At least this way you'll get an early ultrasound!)

Bittermama said...

So, so excited for you! Just had to say that here too. That's a perfectly respectable number. Even slightly above average.

Given the lack of bouncy green men, I'll have to settle for a "Woo Hoo!!! "

PJ said...

OMG!!!!!!!

I'm so happy for you.

So this was a break cycle for you and you got knocked up. I'm jealous, but happy.

Your beta numbers are fine. You're right that doubling time is most important.

Hang in there and don't drive yourself too crazy.

Congrats again!

kristenL said...

What wonderful news. Stay positive and I think those numbers are beautiful!!!