Monday, January 15

Happy Days Are Here Again?

It's a big week in the Bug Household. I am starting a new job Wednesday and I will be working full time, if you can believe it. My last day of full time employment was when I was put on bedrest at 20 weeks pregnant with the Bug, on September 2, 2005. It has been a very very long time.

I am nervous about it, but I think it will work out well for us. I chose this position mostly because of the schedule and benefits. A 40-hour work week is as scarce as hen's teeth for a lawyer, especially for a litigator like myself. And this job promises 8-5, Monday through Friday, with good holidays and vacation and such. I suppose we'll see how that actually works out, but I'm hopeful. And lord knows, even those it pays substantially less than my last FT gig, it's a hell of a lot more than we've had coming in with PT hourly work.

And health insurance too! After a year of unbelievably expensive COBRA coverage! Bonanza!

I am a little worried about my Bug and myself dealing with the transition. I was home with him full time for six months and since then, I've been home 4 or 5 days every week. I am going to miss him terribly terribly terribly and I am pretty sure that my heart will break into a thousand pieces.

It's time though. It's long past time for us to get our finances straightened out (insert great big sigh here) and I think Bug is ready for some interaction with other kids. He is also very much ready to start getting the speech, occupational and physical therapy that his new school will provide.

It's a lot of transition for us, but I think brighter days are ahead. What's happening in your world this week?

No comments: