Friday, January 19

Friday Night Bulletin

  • I'm tired tired tired tonight. It's been such a long week, with the new job and the swallow study and the whatnot. But I am soldiering on to make a delicious Italian Cream cake for a friend's baby shower tomorrow. Go ahead and click the link--I swear to you on holy cream cheese frosting that damn thing is the best cake I've ever had. It's the "light" version and better than the original. Honestly. And she's having twin boys, so she definitely deserves it.
  • Bug's got a new weird feeding issue and it's stressing me out. He decided to wait until after the swallow study to start doing it, of course. He's pushing out about half of every bite that goes into his mouth, almost as if his swallowing reflex has gotten stuck in reverse. He's not spitting it, but it's dribbling out nonetheless. I haven't quite made up my mind whether it's just a weird kid thing or if it's a weird medical thing. I'm going to watch him over the weekend and experiment with some different textures and thicknesses and see what happens. If it's not any better come Monday I'm hauling his little butt off somewhere to get things figured out. He doesn't have much extra weight to lose.
  • The job is, I think, going to work out nicely. It's low key, the people are pleasant, and everyone keeps telling me how family-friendly the office is. On the downside, it has a pretty restrictive internet policy that is forcing me to come up with new ways to goof around. No more blogging during working hours!
  • The cake is done. Now if I can just keep it off the floor....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, that cake looks lovely--I'm a sucker for Italian cream cake.

I hope you get the little guy's feeding issues resolved. I will say that recently A has gotten kind of pisy at mealtimes, so it very well may be behavioral, not physiological.

Anonymous said...

I cannot even go to the link with the cake - no cake for me!

I'm sorry about the feeding issue, the swallowing stuff - ay - so much. I hope things settle down.

Good luck with the new job and Ped#3 search and funny enough - I had greek lentil soup for dinner last night - very like your recipe, without the roasting and all red lentils. YUMMO!

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

Anonymous said...

From the moment the first Mercedes-Benz CLS four-door "coupe" was introduced to the public, other German luxury automakers hit the drafting board. According to the German auto experts at AutoBild, Audi is just over a year away from unleashing its own cleverly packaged sedan.
carwadontester981

Anonymous said...

So last week I started to think about starting my affiliate marketing business and to purchase some affiliate websites I really don't know if it is better to get one myself or obtain any already turnkey affiliate marketing websites. I just discovered website
[url=http://www.home-businessreviews.com/Turnkey-Affiliate-Websites.html]affiliate websites[/url] and here was very interesting reviews about them but I yet haven't decided what to do. Maybe here some customers who can give some opinion about websites reviewed at this website?
http://www.home-businessreviews.com/Turnkey-Affiliate-Websites.html

Anonymous said...

Hello everone I found a new way to learn about internet marketing here. It just started tonight at Midnight.
Its brand new on the market..Unleashed and ready to drive Millions to your website Instantly

Its pretty exciting wa to get people to your website and complete tutorials on how to do it.