Tuesday, September 27

No News Is....No News

Since we last spoke, things looked worse again with a bad protein result then better again with a new meds dosage and now we are once again back to worse. Look out for the whiplash! I am upset because my BP is heading back up again. We had 3 glorious days on 1500 mg aldomet, and it was really staying stable at around 140-145/80-85. Now it's been around 155/85 all day today and it won't go down. This is exactly what happened the last forty times we upped the dosage--it would be better for a few days and then start going up again to new highs.

The rollercoaster is really starting to get to me emotionally. I've really been trying to stay upbeat and positive but every time we get another "bad" result on a test or something it throws me for a loop and various terrible outcomes start feeling inevitable. And then I start berating myself for being a worrywart and for taking each individual clinical result as the end all, be all. It's just so hard to get perspective from the couch.

8 comments:

April said...

I'm so sorry you're going through so much right now.

You're in my thoughts.

Bittermama said...

Thinking about you and hoping for lasting good news soon.

Cass said...

Oh sweetie. I wish this was not such a bumpy ride for you. It's really hard to enjoy the scenery what with all the ups and downs.

Still thinking of you, of course.

Bad Egg said...

Thanks for the update, I had been wondering how you are doing. I wish things would stabilize for you. Please keep us posted...

Thinking good thoughts.

Anonymous said...

Hopefully things start going, and staying on the upswing.

Lala said...

Happy belated birthday. Hope you're well and still at home.
Congrats on making it to 22wks.

chanceofbooks said...

Just a lurker, hoping you are still "okay" and thinking of you.

Julie said...

Wondering how you are doing...(?) Wishing you everything well.