Monday, June 13

It Is Official

I just can't believe it. We had the repeat ultrasound today and all is well. I told Dr. All Business to double check, since I'm not used to hearing good news from him. He swore on his stethoscope that the little pea is growing as it should be. We are 7 weeks today and we saw the heartbeat winking away in there at 127 beats per minute. Can you imagine? From a single cell to a heartbeat in just 5 weeks. It is truly overwhelming.

Meanwhile, back at the Mud Ranch, me and K have been fighting like the world depends on it. We have maintained the high level of fighting discussed below from the beta testing daysand now we have even stepped it up to a whole new category. We fight about what to have for dinner and what to do with the grass clippings and what kind of detergent to use on the clothes. (I wish I was kidding). I know that my part in this drama is fueled mostly by the constant draining fatigue that I can't seem to shake. Have you ever felt so tired that you just want to cry like a little girl? That's me. Pretty much every day. I think K is beset by massive masculine insecurities now that the Pea appears to be around for the long haul. You know, how to feed and clothe this extra mouth we expect come January. You combine these two things and it seems to be combustible. Whoosh!

Would it be ungrateful to wish for a little break in here somewhere?

4 comments:

DeadBug said...

I'm tired and cranky just imagining it. Hope things get to a more copacetic place soon, Mud.

--Bugs

Julie said...

Didja ever notice how men tend to pick the least preferable time to start a fight? We've even argued about HOW we argue.
Yay on the good-news u/s! Thanks for the update!

Bittermama said...

That's fantastic news! Sounds like you've officially joined the ranks of normal pregnancy. The fatigue is horrible and insecure future fathers are worse. Hope it lets up on both fronts soon.

Anonymous said...

Great news about the ultrasound & h/b! Sigh about the spousal nastiness. I hope you guys can get to a place where this is all good, all the time. In the meantime, if K needs a kick to the knees (or elsewhere), just let me know!