Thursday, June 2

The Interview

For a little change of pace, Lindy has "interviewed" me. The Q & A:

1. What kinds of misperceptions, if any, do you think people have about you?

I think the most common misperception about me is that people think I am a lot stronger and tougher and harsher than I really am. I find this tremendously irritating, because I think it means that I am not allowed to be upset. Ever. K. thinks it's really really cool and doesn't understand why would I ever think "strength" is bad. Thus, the close-up and personal view you've had of my whining on this blog.

2. Did you have a happy childhood?

I thought it was pretty happy while I was in the midst of it and it's only as an adult that I realized some of the more fucked-up aspects. Overall, not too shabby.

3. Who's more of a catch, you or your husband?

If you like control freaks who are wound too tight but keep the lights on and the higher education degrees dusted, you would like me. If you like fun, barbeque, silly jokes, kindness or pasta, you would like my husband.

4. What's the last dream or nightmare you remember having? Care to indulge in a little self-analysis?

Lord no. I've already started with the pregnancy nightmare dreams and I don't particularly want to relive them. Other than that, I have the standard, feeling-inadequate-at-work dreams. Which I also don't want to relive.

5. Since you're good and knocked up now, where do you fall: attachment parenting or Ferberizing. If you aren't familiar with the two-party system of parenting, study up and let us know what you think. While we're at it, breastfeeding or bottlefeeding? Solids at 3 months or 6 months? Have you read the latest research on the effect of overuse of exersaucers on the development of your baby's back and legs? Just kidding. I'll let you leave some of those questions til at least the second trimester.

My first instinctual answer would be Ferberizing, since I believe that most kids are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too spoiled and rotten. But then again, after reading your links, I'm torn. I guess I think that there is a time for tough discipline, but that time is not at 3 months old. So, I'm somewhere in the middle.

Definitely breastfeeding, provided I can do it. My mother, the former La Leche League leader, will see to that.

The other two questions are going to have to wait because I have no idea a'tall.

* * *

If you want to participate in the interviews, leave a comment below saying "interview me." I will respond by asking you five questions - each person's will be different. You will update your journal/blog with the answers to the questions. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview others in the same post. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

No comments: