Friday, May 19

Sweet Baby

Hello there. I have good news to report (hallelujah!). BabyBug had another cardiology appointment yesterday and it's looking like the gradient/blockage/re-coarctation issue is resolving! His BP is still high but it's being adequately controlled by his medication and we're just going to keep an eye on it for now. He will go back in two months for another BP check and an echo to take a look at his heart. I am so relieved that I don't know how to express it. Thanks to all of you for your ongoing concern and prayers and thoughts and chicken bone shaking. As your reward, here's another look at the sweet baby learning how to jump. Notice the extreme drool:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

9 comments:

PJ said...

Great news Muddy. Glad to hear things are on an upswing.

He is so cute in his johnny jump up. I can't wait till Joseph is big enough for his. I have a feeling he'll get a kick out of it.

Bittermama said...

Hooray, hooray for Baby Bug!!! I'm just so happy and relieved for you. And how cute is he?

Anonymous said...

Awwww...my little guy drools like a fool, too. I will resist the urge to say "but he *looks* so *healthy,*" because when people say that about Grub it makes me want to slap them, like "asshole, I just told you he has XXX issues! Don't fucking minimize that!" But he is ADORABLE, and I am so glad that you got some good news.

DeadBug said...

Oh, Mud, I am delighted. This news just lifts my heart. And that picture--and that drool! I just want to slobber all over him, too.

Much love,

Bugs

JJ said...

Awesome news!
Awesome drool!

Anonymous said...

That is a good looking kid! Great news and I hipe there's only more of it to come.

Cass said...

Much fabulousness all around! (And HOW did I miss this until now??)

Seriously, what a cutie!

Thalia said...

Fantastic news that it looks as if his health issues will go away. You must be so relieved! here's hoping the good news continues.

Anonymous said...

I'm coming into this very late, but....just wanted to say that I also was born with co-arctation of the aorta. In those days (cough, cough) they didn't do surgery until kids were much older -- I was eight. Now, I'm fine -- I scuba dive and the whole bit. Blood pressure that's almost TOO low. Glad your little guy's recovering so well!