Wednesday, April 27

Break Schmeak

So, in the end, I sucked it up kids. Marched my shaking, nervous, chickenshit little tattooed self into Dr All Business's office this very morning and presented my arm for a blood offering. I prayed to the Gods of Tattoo Mojo all the way. And, I'm happy to say, something must have clicked. FSH is normal. Normal they say. How about that?

Now, somewhere in the back of mind, I'm remembering that it doesn't really help much if your FSH is lower some other time--the key is the highest it has been. I don't know where this information came from, and I don't know if it's true. Nice Nurse said she'd never heard it before. I choose to believe that I made it up. (I am cringing here knowing that I probably didn't and one of you nice people can tell me exactly where it came from. Notice the uncharacteristic lack of Googling, eh? But I digress.)

So, in the end, I decided that I was as ready as I'm ever going to be and there is nothing to be done but go on. Head on up JJ's mountain and see what's on the other side.

Dildocam rides start up again Monday. I'm selling tickets to pay for it.

1 comment:

DeadBug said...

I'm so, so proud of you, Ms. Mud.

Yes, I have read the same thing about FSH, but there's also a little thing called LAB ERROR to account for your earlier poor number. Plus, I never saw any study that seemed definitive with regard to fluctuating FSH; I think the idea that your eggs are only as good as your highest FSH level is more of an assumption than a clinical fact.

Much love to you,

Bugs