Thursday, April 21

Take That!

First, let me say thank you thank you thank you to all of you who went out of your way to send me a little hope and encouragement. It was overwhelming, especially considering that I've never met any of you. Thank you for picking me up when I really needed it.

On another note (I swear this is actually related), I am getting my very first tattoo tomorrow, at the ripe old age of 31. Why? you say. Why in the world would I make it unmarked through the teens and twenties to start this crap now? This is an idea that I've been kicking around for a month or two, fostered by the notion that I need some kind of amulet to protect me from the evil Infertility Bad Luck Trolls that seem to attack with frightening regularity. And hey, if something you wear could give you good juju, wouldn't a symbol that is actually part of you be even better?

So, about a month ago, I decided on the design that I felt would give me the highest possible resistance to Bad Luck Vibes--a celtic tree of life. I made two different appointment to get it done, but cancelled both. I just could not take the step unless and until I was in the "right" emotional place. As in, getting the tattoo when I was overwhelmed with negativity and sadness and failure and guilt would be worse than not having at all. It would be a talisman of meltdown rather than mojo.

And, thanks in no small part to all of you, I am now ready to get on with it. Well, with the tattoo, at least.

3 comments:

Cass said...

Oooh you're doing it. You're really doing it! Yay! (And really, yay for being in a better emotional place.)

PJ said...

What a great idea. A tattoo to help you remember the time when you got it. It will always be with you and when you finally have your child/children and they ask you about it you can tell them all about your journey to become their mom. I'm tearful and now I want one too.

Where are you gonna put it? I have a small-medium size butterfly (I know very typical, you can laugh now) on my ankle. I love it and I've been jonesing for another, now you've given me an idea of what I can get. The only thing left is to decide where...oh the possibilities.

Digging Out Slowly said...

I hope it does start a trend! We could use some positive visualization around here (or at least I can). Feel free to join in the Good Mojo club.

As far as placement, I am still not sure. I am leaning towards between my shoulder blades but I won't be able to see it there. Any suggestions? One caveat, it can't be visible while clothed in suit-type stuff.