Wednesday, March 15

Where Do I Start?

So many many things have happened since we last spoke, I don't think I can effectively catch up. I have been delaying coming back here for a little while now, hoping that things would start becoming more clear to me emotionally. So far, no luck. Still shellshocked. Shall I get on with it then?

I think at least some of you know that after struggling with infertility, four months of bedrest, severe pre-eclampsia at the end, an emergency c-section, a week in the NICU and breastfeeding drama galore, my dear little Baby Bug was very unexpectedly diagnosed with a congenital heart defect that required open heart surgery within hours. Talk about a blow to the solar plexus. I still cannot begin to find the words to talk about what it was like to see my sweet boy cracked open from stem to stern with tubes and ports and lines inserted in, literally, every square inch of his tiny body.

I can't relive it any more than that today. I will leave you with the news that he is doing well now and should lead a normal life.

I'm sorry to cut and run, but I think that's all we can do right now.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for updating us, and I am sorry to hear of the need for surgery.

Glad to hear that the suregery helped, and that things are looking up. I am an echo tech, and it always takes my breath away when I have to scan the tiny babies post-op. You are right- tubes everywhere. Thank goodness the technology exists to fix things, but it doesn't make the process any easier on those who have to watch and live through it.

Best wishes,

Jen

Unknown said...

Wow, how scary. :( I'm glad he is okay now. I know how scary NICU can be... My son had two abdominal surgeries during his 7-week stay in the NICU. They took great care of him but it was still scary.

You are all in my thoughts!

Cass said...

I'm glad to see you back and posting, even a bit, despite it all. I think that's the sign of fabulous things to come. No need to relieve the drama if you don't want to - we're here for the next stage of the journey, whatever it is.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear he is doing fine now.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry that you had to go through all of that but so very glad that Baby Bug is doing well now.

JJ said...

I was just about to ask if I could post an update. I've had a few people inquiring. We're all so glad BabyBug is doing well, and we all understand the need for you to take some time for yourself.

Bittermama said...

Cass put it perfectly. There's no need to go through it all again for us unless that would be helpful to you. I'm glad to see you posting and looking forward to hearing about the next part of this whole crazy story.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear that Baby Bug is doing well now. Don't worry about telling the story if it makes things worse for you, no need to have to go to that place again if you don't want to. Thanks for letting us know all is well. Hang in there!

DeadBug said...

Thinking of you and Baby Bug every day, and so very glad that he is whole and home again.

Much love,
Bugs (Dead)

Anonymous said...

I'm so pleased that your bug is home and well. I can only imagine how tough the last few months have been.

Bad Egg said...

Glad to hear all of you are hanging in there. Best of luck with everything!

Anonymous said...

Hope your little Bug is healing well, and letting you heal too!