Friday, December 9

Home Again. (Again.)

So that nausea thing got worse. And became vomiting. And then my BP was up. And I started getting some tenderness in the infamous right upper quadrant, a.k.a. Liver Land. So I stalled a bit thinking I had an appointment with my OB Thursday, but apparently I didn't. I saw the Nurse Practitioner and had a couple of increasingly panicky conversations with the on-call OB, via the NP. Then they stalled for a while with another Non Stress Test while they tried to decide what to do with me. And then another three way conversation with OB Number 3 (if anyone's counting), before they finally decided to admit me to rule out the horrid HELLP syndrome.

Whew. That was exhausting.

I am pleased to report that liver tests were all normal, platelets normal, all HELLP-related testing normal except that I am persistently anemic. Big deal, right? Protein is up a bit from last week and BP is "funky" and will "probably get funkier." The new guesstimate is maybe a couple more weeks of baking before it all goes to shit?

And now for the obligatory closing whine; I apologize in advance:

I thought I was over this a month ago. And then I thought I was REALLY over it. And I was sure I couldn't take another minute. And yet I'm still here. I have become totally antisocial because I either don't feel well or, increasingly, I just don't have anything good to say. People who haven't talked to me in several weeks or months will call and I just don't have the energy to pretend like everything is ok and chat about this and that. But, if no one calls, then I feel like everyone has forgotten about me in this arctic wasteland of bedrest. Ack! Ack! Ack! I am horrified at the thought of this dragging into 2006. I can't even tell you. It has been 13 weeks now. And three hospitalizations so far. There has got to be an end!!!!!!

I did finally get a cute ultrasound picture of BNN from the perinatologist, who has a bizarre propensity to take pictures of knees and elbows and other non-cuddly parts. If you're all very very good, I will try to remember to scan it for you. He has my nose.

4 comments:

Bittermama said...

Oh yes! Please, please share the picture!

Muddy - I'm just so angry that you're having to go through all of this. It's just horrible and I wish there were more any of us could say or do to make it better.

JJ said...

Oh please, please... Don't make us beg.

p.s. You're doing far better than I think I would be.

Anonymous said...

Always good to hear from you. You have every right to feel antisocial and bitchy. It must take a lot of strength and energy to keep going as you do.

Anonymous said...

Antisocial and bitchy is fine by us. You fit right in!

It's fantastic that you're still cooking the bug. Nearly 33 weeks now, it will make such a difference. hang in there. (and cute nose, by the way)