Tuesday, November 22

Worn Down and Out

I think this has become a medical update blog. Not very interesting, but I don't seem to have the energy for much else. I am not, despite my OB's dire predictions at my last appointment, on hospital bedrest yet. Hopefully, we can put that off at least another week. BP is still ridiculous but not as much as it was. (What an odd thing to type.) I dunno yet about this week's protein, but I am not expecting major changes either way.

BNN was not as stellar on yesterday's tests as he has been so far. The amniotic fluid level has dropped from 13 to 9 (it needs to be above 8) and the non-stress test was not as reassuring as they would have liked. We shall repeat Friday and see the peri for the full work up on Monday.

The financial fronts have also taken a steep downturn since we last spoke. I am now out of paid leave (which was my maternity leave) and likewise out of company-provided health insurance. We can continue the insurance, for a pretty hefty monthly price. I shouldn't say "can continue;"of course, we must continue it, no matter what the price.

I am just fucking exhausted. So tired I can't think straight anymore. K. has decided that we need to aim to make it to 34 weeks and I just can't even begin to contemplate another 4 weeks of this. Honestly. Even the thought makes me want to sob hysterically. I can barely deal with the idea of 2 more weeks (which is what the OB is going for). 32 weeks will be 12 weeks of bedrest. 84 days of it. (See--I can't even write a complete sentence without my train of thought breaking down!)

I am trying to come up with a snappy closer here but I've got nothing. Sorry.

10 comments:

chanceofbooks said...

you did it! you made it to 30 weeks! holy smokes that's awesome. Hoping the next 2 or however long fly by.

I have some knowledge of COBRA/FMLA. You can drop non-essential coverage while you are on COBRA--i.e. drop dental, vision, even K if you need to. You can also pay by CC, have someone else pay for you, or try to work out a payment arrangement with the COBRA folks. Perhaps some of the extended family could help you out by loaning you the COBRA payments???

Hoping things get better!

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine what you're going through and really have nothing better than hang in there.

I don't mind the medical updates at all. Keep em coming. I want to know.

PJ said...

Wow, wavybrains sure did teach me a lesson about Cobra. I had no idea you could do those things.

I'm so sorry you're dealing with all this now. I'm glad you're still hanging in there. I hope BNN hangs out as long as possible and you're both healthy in the end.

Continue with the updates, I worry about how you're both doing.

DeadBug said...

I know you know this, but if there's anything you need, want or even remotely think, "Hey, that might be kindof cool," just give us a shout.

As a fellow COBRA veteran (17 months and counting!), I feel your pain. Our premiums are, well, ridiculous (>$700/month for two healthy thirty-somethings), but there's not much else we could have done. And we're a month a way from the end of our COBRA eligibility.

Yourself and BNN are in my thoughts every day. You've done an amazing job so far; congratulations for hanging tough.

--Bugs

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry and I agree with Wavery ... we want to hear your updates and know how you're doing. Freaking insurance, this completely sucks.

Susie said...

I want the updates, too. I'm so sorry for what you're going through. Just keep on slogging, the end is in sight...

Cass said...

I am so sorry this is such an ordeal for you. It just plain sucks. Not that I needed to tell you that. Hang in there, sweetie.

Anonymous said...

I know it doesn't feel like you're doing a great job, but you really are.

Thinking of you often, and hoping for good news soon.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry things are so rough for you. I want the updates too, medical or not. Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

Mudbug it sounds like things are just really stressful. I do hope you hang in there, that your health continues to be ok, and that things are ok with the baby in the meantime. It will (as I'm sure you know) just make such a huge difference to their potential health issues for every extra day that you can keep this going!

Wishing you lots of entertaining DVDs and a break on the health insurance.