Friday, November 11

Crappity Crap Crap

I don't know anymore what to tell you about what's going on. Some days it seems like things are a little better, others it seems like we're on a fast train to Crapville. Today I feel more like the Mayor of Crapville, so please take all this with a grain of salt.

Since we last spoke, the BP drama has continued, spiking up into crazy levels on Monday that ended up earning me a hospital stay due to a "severe hypertensive event." When I was hitting pressures over 170/110 for several hours, I thought it was all over. But, thank God, they got it to come down again and we're trying to maintain on just shy the max dose of BP med #2. BNN remains his sassy self in there, apparently none the worse for wear. Protein is still holding pretty steady at "mild" levels and scary bloodwork is still all ok. I have managed to pick up bronchitis somewhere--isn't that a big cosmic joke?

On the non-medical front, my friends threw me a wonderful shower this past weekend.* I got to see many people that I haven't seen in months and everyone was incredibly generous with their gifts and friendship. Lurvely and such a nice highlight for me.

Meanwhile, I am really starting to feel a sense of foreboding, like the Crap Train is gathering steam. I don't know quite what to attribute this to, since by all objective levels (except the BP), things are holding fairly steady. Bronchitis? Fatigue? Depression? I'm sure it must be true psychic abilities, right? Ha. In any case, I am hoping that once I feel a little better and can breathe again, the feeling of doom will also subside. At least for a few more weeks.

For those of you keeping score, BNN still does not have a name, despite all my efforts. I found it very upsetting to have hospital nurses refer to him as "Baby X" while they checked his heartbeat. But he does have two rounds of steroid shots coursing through his little lungs and he's kicking around like crazy. 29 weeks Monday.

*Yes, I know the timing of the shower vs. the hospitalization is a bit too close to be entirely coincidence. I am still glad I went.

7 comments:

Susie said...

29 weeks! Whooo!

I am so sorry things are still so bumpy. But I'm happy you're so far along and that the baby's lungs are getting ready. Hang in there, we're all pulling for you!

PJ said...

Damn Muddy, you really are due for a break.

Congrats on making it to 29 weeks and that the baby is still doing well. I hope that all of this passes for you and everything works out.

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good shower and good job on 29 weeks. I really hope that things calm down for you - thinking of you.

Karen said...

E-So sorry about the hospital stay. Glad that BNN is doing well and hanging in there. You are doing well and you will make it.
Karen (FF & Yahoo)

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry things are so crappy for you. BNN is doing well, hang in there. Glad you had a nice shower. You're in my thoughts.

Anonymous said...

Hoping you can hang in there! Keep the crap train at bay.

Anonymous said...

Just found you through JJ. Glad you made the 29 week mark. Shoo, crap train, shoo.