Saturday, January 15

Whereupon I Discover the Web

I am the only one secretly tracking the trials of Ashlee Simpson, the patron saint of lame excuses? I could almost understand the SNL snafu, although acid reflux was a bit much. But then, getting flat booed off the stage by an entire stadium full of people at the Orange Bowl.

Quickly followed by this explanation:
"I was facing the Oklahoma Sooners [which had a bigger crowd on hand], and I was rooting for USC, and they played a clip of it, so maybe it was that those people didn't like me."
This is a brilliant beginning to a promising Pathetic Publicity meltdown. I just can't turn away.
But fortunately, I can always be washed clean of the celebrity goo by the cool clear web waters of itunes. Oh yes, "Sweet Thing" by Rufus & Chaka Khan, off Stompin' at the Savoy. Then a whole hour rooting around in Blaxploitation essentials and 70s soul mix lists. You just can't feel bad listening to that badassss bass line on Stevie Wonder's "Superstition," Ibrahim Ferrer crooning Cuban love songs and the Cowboy Junkies circling John Prine.
I love DSL. Can I get an amen?